nafex - RE: [NAFEX] fruit set without bees

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] fruit set without bees
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:24:24 -0800

Lon,

The effect of the Miracle Grow appears to be something other than physical transport of the pollen.  My friend uses it on blueberries for fruit set.  These blossoms open toward the ground and he spays from above.  If all it took was a liquid spray of any kind, then the rain and wind that is so abundant here at bloom time should be pollinating everything.  He developed this technique in Alaska where he had no bees.

-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 8a