nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: Rootstocks/dormancy

  • From: "Dave Griffin" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: Rootstocks/dormancy
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:36:13 -0500

Tom,

I don't know, I'll let you know after the next test winter. Most of the
time when the trunks were dead and the twigs not, the damage was within the
bottom 18" and usually in the bottom 12". The ones with trunk damage higher
than that had dead twigs too, mostly, so I concluded that they probably
would have died no matter how high the stem builder was.
I budded them around 18" this year with some lower and some higher for a
test.

Dave
zone 4a

used to change other email options):