nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Currant cutting request

  • From: "Luffman, Margie" <luffmanm@AGR.GC.CA>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Currant cutting request
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:15:24 -0400

Hi Rondi. Do you mean just cuttings or rooted cuttings (ie. small bushes)? I
think it would be risky to place unrooted cuttings in the fall and expect
them to survive until spring and then produce roots. However, you could plant
small bushes, water them well, perhaps apply some mulch and expect reasonable
survival over the winter.

Margie

Margie Luffman
Curator/Conservatrice
Canadian Clonal Genebank/Banque canadienne de Clones
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
Telephone/Téléphone: 519-738-2251 ext. 474
Facsimile/Télécopieur: 519-738-2929
2585 County Road 20
Harrow, Ontario
N0R 1G0
luffmanm@agr.gc.ca

Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada