nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaws in the news

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaws in the news
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:13:33 -0400

Pawpaw is another name for the tropical fruit papaya. The cold-hardy pawpaw, to -30 degrees F. or colder, is Asimina triloba, a delicious fruit tasting somewhat like vanilla custard and banana. My book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden has a whole chapter on the cold-hardy pawpaws, which also are pest-free and require little or no pruning.

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com