nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Cherry Question

  • From: "Teghtmeyer, Suzanne R" <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Cherry Question
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:28:21 -0500

Jim,

The Northwest Michigan Horticultural Research Station has a website of cherry (and other fruit) publications to help home growers. Under the section, "Newsletters, Reports and Articles", there are a number of publications that describe the pros and cons of growing different varieties of dark and light sweet cherries in northern climates.

http://www.maes.msu.edu/nwmihort/newsltr.htm

There is also a Cherry AgNIC site that may provide additional varietal information: http://www.msue.msu.edu/msue/iac/agnic/cherry.html

----Suzi Teghtmeyer

Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science

Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station and Mid-America Viticulture and Enology Center,

Southwest Missouri State University, Mountain Grove Campus

Evans Library Homepage: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/

AgNIC Viticulture site: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml

Email: srt175f@smsu.edu

Member: CBHL, AgNIC, USAIN, IAALD, ALA, STC