nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Surfactants for possible use on crops.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Surfactants for possible use on crops.
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:36:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2004 7:02:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time, reveland@collinscom.net writes:

I prefer using surfactants as pesticides where it is also used or as part of a
herbicide mix. It is also easy to find the MSDS sheets on this product.

OK, I'm confused and I'd like straightened out.

A surfactant is a pesticide? Would someone explain the difference between a spreader-sticker and a surfactant. Sometimes I read of using a detergent as a surfactant. My local Growers Coop advised using common vegetable oil as a surfactant. Detergent and oil are about as opposite as can be, aren't they?

Help this dummy out.

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Surfactants for possible use on crops., Jwlehman, 09/18/2004