nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Question

  • From: "Richard Kruse" <richkrus@gvtel.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Question
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:54:32 -0500

As was stated "Evans is already here" but here in the states it is available
as Bali, name after Bill's daughter at St. Lawrence Nurseries who brought it
into the US. Dr. Evans had a article in Pomona several years ago.
We have had a number of plants, two of which have had fruit the last several
years. But as you probably know, when you buy the plant buy a bird net.
This year the magpies discover one tree and cleaned it in a day. I hadn't
netted cause there had been no bird pressure on the Juneberries.
Dick
Zone 3
TRF, MN