nafex - Re: [NAFEX] successful bud grafts

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] successful bud grafts
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:33:14 -0500

I've only budded a couple of peaches, and had 100% success rate, so does that make me an expert, or just a very lucky novice?
These were done in mid-late June, in AL - on the zone 7-8 interface. I'd seen or read something somewhere about doing 'inverted T-bud' placements for stonefruits, so that's what I did. Wrapped with budding rubbers, then Parafilm.

I did a bunch of bark grafts with dormant plum scions this spring, and got virtually 100% success.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY