nafex - [NAFEX] Plastic bag apples

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plastic bag apples
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:03:03 -0600

So far I have harvested gavenstein and Summer crisp from the bags. The
Gravenstein had a lot of dropping bagged and unbagged. The unbagged were
thoroughly worm drilled. The bagged ones got a worm hole where the bag got
too tight and split. Those Gravensteins were good sized apples and really
filled the Baggies beyond the max.

The Summer Crisp are crisp and delicious. No dropping problems and the
apples were small enough to stay inside the bags. We have had 112 heat and
lots of sun. The apples have not "cooked" in the Baggies. So far I see no
reason not to do this again next year.
Naomi
Idaho Zone 6

---