nafex - [NAFEX] Plum cracking

  • From: "Bruce Wittchen" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum cracking
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:34:35 -0500

If those plums were tomatoes, I'd say it happened because the trees ran dry
and then got a good soaking. But that happens to my plums and I've never
seen a crack. Maybe the little European plums I grow are less susceptible.
By the way, was the original Green Gage a real gage (small fruit)? The green
plums sold in our groceries aren't gages.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile outside Hartford, CT