nafex - [NAFEX] Plum Choices

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum Choices
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:45:30 +0000

Below is a list of the plums I have growing vigorously enough that I thought to take scions from them and start budding onto a half dozen p. americanas I have ready and waiting.
I'd like to choose just one or two to propagate on the 6 trees.
I am asking for recommendations - because I have as yet to taste any of these varieties of plums - none in my young orchard have fruited yet (oh the faith of a new orchardist!)

Green Gage
Alderman
Percy
Techumseh
Toka
Underwood
Kahinta
La Cross
Prairie Egg
Grenville
Pembina
S. Dakota
Pittsen #2

A local grower prefers Grenville, so if I have no other influence I will probably go that route - I am hoping to sell a few commercially and need to offer only a couple choices. thanks much, Del z3

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3