nafex - [NAFEX] juicing currants

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] juicing currants
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:14:23 -0400

I wanted to use currant juice to stew some stone-fruit this summer. I picked about two quarts at a time, and put it into a round ceramic casserole dish. Put on the lid and popped the whole thing in the microwave for a few minutes.

About a cup of clear juice ran out, and when I pressed it through a sieve I got another 4 ounces of thicker, cloudier juice. It looked lovely and clear when I cooked it up with some sugar and spices, and tasted quite nice with the peaches, etc. It also give the fruit a very attractive color.

Ginda

  • [NAFEX] juicing currants, list, 07/27/2004