nafex - [NAFEX] Powdery mildew - apple?

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Powdery mildew - apple?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:14:51 -0400

Hello All,

I have finally figured out what is causing my apple leaf curl, and now blemishing some of my apples - powdery mildew.

My spray program must be enough to keep it in check, without producing the white powder, but I have all the symptoms.

Someone on the list suggested powdery mildew, but I dismissed it, as there was no white powder. I apologize to whomever that was.

My spray program consists of;
lime sulfur - dormant spring/fall
captan wp50 - green tip to petal fall
common combo fruit tree spray - every 7 days, or more often if rainy.

I was talking to my inlaws and their Cortlands also had the same symptoms as my Court Pendu Plat. In looking up powdery mildew on apples, Cortlands are highly suseptible.

What is the best way to knock out powdery mildew once you have it.

Later,
Tom

--

  • [NAFEX] Powdery mildew - apple?, Thomas Olenio, 07/24/2004