nafex - [NAFEX] Hose End Sprayers - off topic a bit

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hose End Sprayers - off topic a bit
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:27:49 -0400

Hello All,

I have run into this problem twice and wanted to know if I was alone.

I purchased one of those hose end sprayers which contained a spray for lawn grubs. I attached it properly to the hose end, turned on the water pressure, fully turned the knob to the "on" position on the hose end sprayer, and sprayed the lawn.

All seemed good.

Then I realize that although I have sprayed a large area the container is still FULL! Nothing I do makes the product spray out.

I have fully watered the lawn by hand, but the product I want to apply is still in the darn bottle.

When I return it to the store, and they give me a new one, it works. I do nothing different. Happened twice now.

Are hose end sprayers that "unreliable", or is liquid Sevin borderline too viscous to be sprayed that way?

Makes you feel like an idiot. Just want to know if I am alone.

Thanks,
Tom

--

  • [NAFEX] Hose End Sprayers - off topic a bit, Thomas Olenio, 07/24/2004