nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Fruit Wines

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Fruit Wines
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:22:31 -0400

Phil

In adding sugar to a wine that is finished before it gets to 11% you take the chance of either just a little will make bubbly, and more will blow the bottles, corks hopefully. If it has not reached 11% which is the point at which the yeast dies. It will start to work. If you do not have a vinometer to check for alcohol, that is the problem.

Gordon C. Nofs

Flint, MI.