nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Fruit Wines

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Fruit Wines
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:32:44 -0500

Rob:

Have you made fruit wines? My real question is about using pure juice to make the wine or adding water to it. The majority of recipes that I'm finding online call for equal amounts of juice to water. I'm assuming adding water will increase the amount of sugar needed to be added to get to a specific gravity of 1.090. (I usually am happy with 1.085...) Adding water also seems to me that it'll create a lighter body wine.