nafex - Re: [NAFEX] currant seedlings

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] currant seedlings
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 23:59:09 EDT

There are some years that I find thousands of seedling currants, both red and black. This is a year that there are very many. I usually put a large amount of leaves at the base of the plants, so there are no seedlings.

Most of the seedlings will be very similar to the parent plant as they would most likely be pollinated there but .... who knows. If you get a good producing red with very small soft seeds I would like to try it.

Ed Mashburn

In Central PA where the currants aregetting larger every day and the gooseberries are very scarce.