nafex - [NAFEX] blueberries and deer?

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] blueberries and deer?
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:33:09 -0700

I have not noticed that deer eat my three rather scrawny blueberry bushes, but they are in a rather obscure spot, and maybe they just haven't been noticed.

I have bought more bushes and would like to plant them in better conditions, which means into an area where the deer regularly browse. Do they normally eat blueberry plants? In which case, I will have to plant them inside the deer fence with the vegetables, lilies and tulips.

--
Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8