nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bad grafts and consequences

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bad grafts and consequences
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

These are young, bench grafted; and veneer grafts,
done in a fit of frustration with whip and tongue
with my crummy old knife. It's late spring here;
everything bloomed in March, and the Liberty apples
are now the size of a nickel.

The (whip and tongue) bench grafts done two or three
weeks after the apples in question have an inch of
growth now.

I am amazed at the determination of these scions;
though they are macintosh and pink pearl - my (new
englander) Dad's favorite apple is the macintosh,
but I don't expect to be very good around here.