nafex - RE: [NAFEX] of sandwich bags and apples

  • From: Nathan Torgerson <nathantorgerson@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] of sandwich bags and apples
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

One of these articles mentioned leaves getting in the bag..that person must have bagged the spur with the apple. I tried not to do that, I carefully wrapped the twist tie around the stem with a little slack forgrowth of the stem.

They both used non-clear bags..there must be a reason why more studies aren't usign clear bags...the overheating issue seems to be the leading culprit.

"Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us> wrote:
I found two more resources on bagging apples:

Bagging Apples: Alternative Pest Management for Hobbyists (Univ. of Ky.) http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entomology/entfacts/fruit/ef218.htm

Bagging Apples (Home Orchard Society) http://www.homeorchardsociety.org/article/8/

This may lessen the need for some of you to do your own research. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, MN (USDA Zone 4b) -- Where the apricots are in full bloom.