nafex - Re: [NAFEX] scions/ethylene gas?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] scions/ethylene gas?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:42:53 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] scions/ethylene gas?
I have kept grape cuttings in my cooler for more than a year and still had them grow.  My personal experience has been that having fruit and vegetables in the cooler with them hasn't made any difference, and I have been doing if for many years.  I store them two ways - in plastic tubs having snap-on lids (Rough-tote is one brand I use), with wet newspaper inside for moisture.  Or in plastic bags with wet paper.
-Lon Rombough

Mark you misunderstanded me. I said that I have been storing my scions in a drawer every year for 18 years not 18 years straight. Did I put that in wrong?

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.
From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
Gordon,

Tell us more about the scionwood you stored for 18 years. If you were
able to get a graft to take with that wood, that must be a record,
especially when you stored them next apples in an ordinary fridge.