nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Male Actinidia Source

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Male Actinidia Source
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:10:12 -0600

Triplebrook Farm (http://www.tripplebrookfarm.com/ ), 37 Middle Rd, Southampton, MA 01073 (phone 413/527-4626), sells both A. arguta and A. kolomikta cultivars, including male plants.  I bought some last spring.  They were small and actively growing in peat pots when I received them.  Although they weren't shipped until sometime in late June or July, they made considerable growth by the end of the growing season after I put them in 1-gallon pots.  This nursery is located in western Massachusetts, and the shipping charge will be high. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4b)