nafex - [NAFEX] On the subject of pots

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] On the subject of pots
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:50:49 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to decide whether to plant a (fantasia
semidwarf) nectarine out, or put it in a big pot and
next winter keep it in the small unheated greenhouse,
to help against peach leaf curl. Is the rain
protection obtained, worth giving up the extra space
for root growth, and probably cooler roots?

Also: I have an Illinois Everbearing mulberry that I
can't decide where to plant. I was thinking of
potting it up for the summer (it's breaking dormancy
now). Will it be okay potted, and tranplant well
next winter?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Zone 7, Sunset Zone 7, 1800'