nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Choke Cherries

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Choke Cherries
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:36:55 -0800 (PST)

In goat circles it's widely said to not feed prunings
from any kinds of cherry to goats; I believe other
stone fruits as well should be avoided, especially
when wilted. I understand goats will eat toxic things

like rhododendrons too; best not to rely on their
judgement.

I've read not to plant chokecherries if you have
cultivated cherries, that they can spread diseases.
Is this true? (this may not be an issue for those
in colder climates...)

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA zone 7, Sunset zone 7, 1800'