nafex - [NAFEX] Weather stations

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Weather stations
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:14:42 -0800

We are starting to do some serious hyb ridizing and other work with plants niot necessarily native to our area (n. Virginia - zone 7).
    We need much better weather records than in the past.  Does anyone have any experience with these and suggestions as to the most reliable (and of course accurate - though I gather that the best people are all reasonably accurate) stations, cost effective as well.  What we will be looking to get as far as info (which we will make available on a 24/7 web link) is as follows:
The following information is required:
Temperature
wind speed
soil temperature
precipitation (rain/snow)
soil moisture
     The following information would be useful but is not absolutely reuired:
Solar radiation
relative humidity
snow depth
    Clean Earth Foundation would also be looking for volunteers who might help with installation and especially web interfacing work.
       Many thanks,
               Peter