nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting-where did I go wrong

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting-where did I go wrong
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:47:12 -0600

I had a similar experience a couple years ago. When I dissected the
failures, it looked as though the Doc Farwell's I used had wicked its way
betwixt scion and stock.

You might want to try using a rubber strip, polytape or something
else(Tannis Cuff mentioned some sort of electrician's tape, too). Then seal
the whole thing with the grafting compound.

Steve Herje, USDA zone 3 SW WI