nafex - RE: [NAFEX] St. Julian rootstock experience?

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <machelp@attglobal.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] St. Julian rootstock experience?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:49:29 -0800

Hanska sounds interesting. I wonder how it would do in Seattle. I have
hybrid plum-apricot (Pluot) trees in two different locations in town. These
trees are the first to bloom in my collection. In one location I always get
a few fruits. In the other location I never get fruit. If they bloomed a
little later I think these plum-apricot trees would do better. If you have
experience with Hanska, does it bllom earlier or later relative to plums?

Also I'm looking for someone with some Hanska scionwood. I checked the
ARS-GRIN government collection, and Hanska is not listed.

-Mark Lee, Seattle, zone 7B/8A