nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting small field stock

  • From: Martha Barrett / Scott Weber <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting small field stock
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:06:57 -0600

Kevin,
re. the name of the graft--my copy of Plant Propagation: Principles and
Practice (Hartmann et. al.)has a graft almost exactly like the one that
you describe except that they match the length of the cuts on both scion
and stock while still leaving the stub that you describe on the stock.
They just call it a variation of a splice or whip graft (no tongue on
theirs). Figure 13-4 in 6th ed.
Muffy