nafex - RE: [NAFEX] canning

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] canning
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:21:32 +0000

I wish to thank everyone for their commnetary on canning regarding my wife's concerns about sealing, all very usefull input.

On a different note, Del, please tell me : What is a sun-dog?

Hélène,'sun-dogs' (parhelia) appear mid-winter on either side of the sun when the conditions of ice crystals in the air are just right to refract light. Quite beautiful, they are some a distance away from the sun.
see http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/halo22.html#c3
or http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/parhelia.htm
I would be interested to learn what the french expression for it is too,
Del

Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963