nafex - [NAFEX] Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees

  • From: Rondi <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:15:47 -0600

We have reblooming here occassionally after a hard rain that is following a
long hard drought. I've seen it happening in late August twice in the past 7
years. I didn't notice it with apple trees though. It happened to the shurbs
like the forsynthia.

Rondi

(PST)
> From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [NAFEX] Re Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees
> To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> I had fruit trees and berry bushes doing a second bloom too. This is
> Minnesota and I have never seen anything like it before. I blamed it on the
> freakish winter - we had no snow. Unlike Todd's unusually cool weather just
> prior to his re-bloom, no related mechanism was observed here. Of the other
> researchers with whom I rub elbows, we all dismissed it as something
> unexplainable. Does anyone have an explanation?
>
> Jim Fruth
> Pequot Lakes, MN

  • [NAFEX] Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees, Rondi, 12/26/2003