nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Advice

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Advice
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:49:49 -0600

Here in my zone 6 orchard in southern west-central KY, Ark Black scabs to beat the band - maybe worse than anything else in the orchard, and the big ol' brown & yellow-striped hornets eat all the fruits long before they're ripe. Don't think I"ll ever get a chance to eat an apple from my tree, though from Ed's perspective, I may not be missing much, since I think I've probably got that Colonial J-spur strain(or whatever).
Pink Pearl indeed gets CAR, and fireblight hit it pretty hard here a year or so back.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

  • [NAFEX] Re: Advice, Doc Lisenby, 12/22/2003
    • Re: [NAFEX] Re: Advice, Lucky Pittman, 12/23/2003