nafex - [NAFEX] My Backyard garden

  • From: Todd Ravitch <travitch@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] My Backyard garden
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 01:21:08 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would relate what I consider a strange
occurence this past summer. I live in NE Oklahoma and
in the summer we typically get highs in the upper 90s
to 100+ in the day. Well this past summer we had
either in late July or early august what I consider
freak weather. A cold front moved in and suddenly the
highs were in the lower 80s for over a week. The
temperature than returned to normal. Interestingly
two of my young trees flowered again and another one
shot another growth spurt like sprin again. The
granny smith reflowered. The Bartlett pear reflowered
and the Gala (Scarlet?) started another spurt. I cut
the flowers off. I make sure the plants are watered
well once a week. I use the old hose method and
everything is mulched in good. Has anyone seen this
before???

Regards,
Todd Ravitch
NE Oklahoma