nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Juice in MN

  • From: nottke <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Juice in MN
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:47:48 -0400

Don,

Thanks for taking the time to write down (key in) all the details.
I have been selecting fruit trees for long ripening season and flavor for
eating fresh off the tree - this year I picked my first ripe Red June on
June 28 and my last Lady Williams on Dec 14. But we make a lot of apple,
pear, and peach sauce for use the rest of the year. Maybe I need to plant
a couple of those factory trees that all ripen on the same day so I only
need to use my fruit processor (sounds better than garbage grinder) once a
year.

Jim Nottke
Pfafftown, NC 27040
Hardiness Zone 7A