nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bumper Crop!

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bumper Crop!
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:35:36 -0600

At 03:24 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, Tom wrote:
Just a reminder to all those suburban farmers (and those willing to forage in suburbia) that a
bumper crop of leaf bags is starting to emerge at the end of driveways.

Yep. Been hauling 'em home as fast as I can pitch 'em in the back of the truck. I try to target yards with predominantly oaks &/or pines, and those where it looks like they chopped & vaccumed them with the mower. Probably need to clean out the bed of the truck and slide my old 'cattle racks' in, so I can haul a bigger load without the bags blowing out on the way home.
Grabbed 4 or 5 bags this morning that I don't know what I'm gonna do with - feels like they're full of chestnut burs - I sure don't want to put them anywhere that I'm gonna be walking barefoot!

Lucky