nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pine trees and soil acidity

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pine trees and soil acidity
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:29:17 -0500

I have been using mulch from the city with the result too high pH in my soil
at 7.5. The city water is also high at 8.5. The result has been clorotic
leaves on citrus and muscadines, yellowish with green veins. The soil
analysis shows high levels of micronutrients and nitrogen. High pH makes
them unavailable. The recommendation from the county agent is pine needles
or peat moss for mulch.
Phil SE Texas z8b/9a with winters since 1989 z9b!

http://members.fortunecity.com/pjsauber/