nafex - [NAFEX] Potted Culture?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Potted Culture?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:32:51 -0400

Hello All,

I am not sure how many members of this list have some potted fruit (apple,
fig, grape, etc.), but I
am curious if people would like to start a NAFEX special interest group
within the Ibiblio
framework for potted culture.

I have already asked Lon, and if there is interest he will look after setting
up the group.

Before asking Lon to do that work, I would like to have a minimum of 5 people
who are interested in
the topic, to begin with.

Send me an email privately and I will keep tabs. When we hit the magic
number I will inform Lon.

Having a number of apples in the ground, versus one in a tub, I see some very
dramatic differences
in habit. Possibly, you have potted fruit that moves into the garage for the
winter due to
hardiness, or possibly just space constraints, or convenience.

If you are interested in starting such a group please let me know Off List.

Thanks,
Tom
====
Thomas Olenio