nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sting remedy test

  • From: "Lutesville" <Lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sting remedy test
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:01:36 -0500

> I wear contact lens and once a week you need to do a special cleaning to
remove proteins from the
> lens.
>
> Would this be useful in breaking down bee sting proteins? It is usually
just tossed after use with
> the contact lens.

Tom,
Maybe. The big question is whether it could get under the skin to do it's
thing. Then again, how would the cleaned protein be washed away? That stuff
is intended to remove hardened protein deposits from a smooth surface
sitting in a fluid bath, so it might not help inside the skin at all. Then
again... Maybe.

Joyce