nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rabbits?

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rabbits?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:15:05 +0000

I have seen, even in early Sept., damage on trunks which many might blame on rabbits. LOOKS like rabbit damage, but is actually meadow vole damage. It's definitely m.v. damage if the feeding site is close to the ground and sheltered or slightly buried by long grass, leaves, etc. I've also know voles or mice (not sure which) to burrow into pots of plants which were planned for over-wintering... but not after 90% or the roots were eaten !

tc, s.WI