nafex - [NAFEX] Liberty

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Liberty
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

Gang:

Question on Liberty apple…

I have run across incongruent sources in terms of the ripening time of
Liberty apple, its storage length in general, and its storage time for
optimal flavor development.

I am located in the suburbs of Chicago about ½ way between Chicago and DeKalb
and I am curious as to Liberty’s ripening date out here. A couple hit the
ground already but that could be premature. They seemed to have a little
starch left and I am not so sure the squirrels did not bring them down.

Source I have read state the apple stores 3-6 months, but one Liberty apple
expert gives it 4-6 weeks. All sources seem to agree it needs a bit of time
off the tree to develop full flavor but neglect to mention how long that
mellowing time should be.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for any consideration you give this matter,

that little fluffy guy

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====