nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Preserving Persimmons

  • From: "Greg or Marie Jordan" <mgjordan@concentric.net>
  • To: <longdistshtr@shtc.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Preserving Persimmons
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:07:46 -0600

Try drying puréed pulp on sulifane that has been sprayed with Pam. Your
county extension service should have a bulletin with more details on drying
fruit and making fruit leather. I've done it with apricots, cherries,
plums, peaches, and a few other fruits. The kids and I love it and it makes
a great travel snack. Basically it is fruit roll-ups but a lot better.
Greg