nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kousa dogwood fruits

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kousa dogwood fruits
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

I picked some around Lucky's place. At the time the
fruit had some bitterness and astringency, but I kept
them in bag till I got home and put them in ther
fridge. I must have left them in there for about 2
weeks. I forgot abou them really. When I found them
they still seemed to be in good condition. They had
softened slightly. The tasted greatly improved. The
bitterness and the astringency was gone. The taste
was intense, but not too sour. I cant even discribe
the flavor. A sour cherry, but very different. It
wasent sweet at all. It could have used a pinch of
sugar, but I would have easily ate a handfull without
it. I can only hope the one I have has a better fruit
to seed ratio.

I had to put in my two cents

Robert