nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Two Apple Varieties

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Two Apple Varieties
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:26:14 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Two Apple Varieties
If you were in the NW, you would probably be able to get them at the Home Orchard Society's annual scion exchange in March.  They also sell rootstocks and have people who teach grafting at the show.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape Grower, at http://www.bunchgrapes.com
Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003

I don't necessarily mind trying that, but I still don't have a source for either and I'm not sure if these two varieties are patented or not.  I eventually plan on doing some of that, but would like to get more fruit trees actually growing/producing before I play since I'm < 1 year into my fruit growing experience.