nafex - Re: [NAFEX] caterpillar stings, research, FDA

  • From: Keith Benson <kgbenson@mindspring.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] caterpillar stings, research, FDA
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:09:31 -0400

tanis cuff wrote:

Zipping through the string, I noticed someone mentioned the mission of the FDA is to make sure only safe/effective products get on the market. I would argue with this, stating instead that the mission of the FDA is to follow the laws and administrative rules which govern the FDA ops.

Semantics

Hence the current hoopla over, for example, GMO's and "why isn't the FDA doing more ??!"

Perhaps they are perceived to be "not that big a deal". Notice I said that their mission is to make sure only safe/effective products get on the market, perhaps they feel that they are safe and effective.

Please stop me before I get any further off the topic of the list.

Same here!

Keith