nafex - Re: [NAFEX] caterpillar stings and brown recluse bites too

  • From: "Lutesville" <Lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: <kgbenson@mindspring.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] caterpillar stings and brown recluse bites too
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:01 -0500

> There is zero evidence that they are efficaceous, and used improperly,
> or jury rigged, even dangerous.
>
> Keith

Sorry, Kieth. There isn't zero evidence. As a beekeeper and someone who
removes bees from walls, I can show evidence, if only the medical community
would listen.

Ginda just gave a substantial amount of anecdotal evidence, and I can share
my own. Out of 27 stings I received on one project, only three ever bothered
me after the day I was stung. I couldn't reach those three to shock them.

When My husband had a huge, purple, itchy lump from some sort of bite or
sting, we shocked it and in no time it started fading. The same sort of
swellings haven't usually been so easy to get rid of, and I have a hole in
my side (not, fortunately, very large) to prove it.

When I got stung on the nose, I went straight to the tens unit and shocked
the spot, I think it is called the septum, between the nostrils. Anyway, I
could feel sone swelling before I shocked it, but no more ever developed,
and the spot was less than a mosquito bite. You couldn't see any swelling at
all.

The medical community and the FDA are not known for their reasonable
consideration of evidence. Who stands to gain from a shock therapy that can
be administered from a 9v battery? There is no money to be made from the
therapy, so nobody is willing to undertake the expensive studies required by
the government to be able to say there is theraputic benefit to something.
It's the same thing that has happened with herbs in this country.

So, getting back to fruit: Did you know you can puree a piece of acidic
fruit, like a strawberry, and smooth the puree on your face for a treatment
that is just like those expensive alpya-hydroxy acid products in the store?
The FDA won't tell, since nobody makes money on it, but your grand-parents
knew.

Joyce