nafex - [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasps

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasps
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:59:40 +0000

Wow ! What great home rememdies. They all sound like they work better for you than the ones the doctor suggested to me. Those are, ice (previously rated low effectiveness), and the OTC anti-histimines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine)-- I use a generic form. The ice slows the swelling, and the anti-hist prevents more severe reactions. As for the itching, which seems especially severe at night, I've discovered a topical anti-hist called 'Ivarest'-- calamine lotion plus the above diphenhydramine. Works great, lets me sleep, but it acts like a chemical peel if I have a sting or poison ivy on the ankles, cover it with socks, and get sweaty working.

tc

<b>Help protect your PC:</b> Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963