nafex - [NAFEX] W32/Sobig.F Virus

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, growwine@kawartha.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] W32/Sobig.F Virus
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:40:09 -0400

Hello All,

Sorry to send this, but it is the only way to possibly
contact the person infected.

Someone out there has the W32/Sobig.F virus and has me in
their email address book, and they do not break their link
to the internet, or shut down their email client.

This results in me getting a virus laden email every 20
minutes since 1:52 PM yesterday afternoon, along with
everyone else in that person's email address book.

If I am in your address book, and you have a DSL or T1 line
to the Internet, and you have not shut down your email
software (since yesterday afternoon), it could be you.

Sorry to bother everyone, but I do not know how else to
proceed as the virus hides the true sender.

Sorry again,
Tom