nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pool water?

  • From: Console G4 <tfnews@gate.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pool water?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:43:49 -0400

Hi Tom,

Pool water can be fatal to any number of plants. Some are affected by the vapor released from the pool and do not even need to be splashed.

One partial solution is to adjust the pool chemical levels as low as you can for safety and keep a second set of plants. The second set is rotated on a weekly basis. Liliaceae seem to be the most sensitive but I have seen a variety of genera from several families damaged. If you cannot rotate plants place them as far from the pool as you can.

Best of growing,

Bob
SW Florida
Rare Fruit Site at: