nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tennessee mountain fig...

  • From: "Sam Brungardt" <sam739is@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tennessee mountain fig...
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:43:06 -0500

I spent a little time on the Web last night and found that Tennessee Mountain fig is a synonym (that is the same cultivar) as Blue Celeste, Celeste, Celeste Violette, Celetrial, Conant, Malta, Sugar Fig, and Violette. This information was garnered from the Auburn University "Fig Production Guide" (http://www.aces.edu/dept/extcomm/publications/anr/anr-1145/anr-1145.html), a California Rare Fruit Growers fact sheet, and (if memory serves me right) a Web page put together by the NAFEX fig special interest group. So, the Tennessee Mountain Fig is readily available; you just have to buy it under one of these other cultivar names. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.