nafex - [NAFEX] plums vs. tomatoes

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] plums vs. tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:16:12 +0000

Last week, while web searching on stone fruits, I came across an article detailing a delayed graft failure organism - that is particular to stone fruit. The pathogen was somehow related to tomatoes. I seem to have failed to bookmark the site.
My problem is that, after 5 years of failed plum grafts I at last have a couple of nice rows of new plum graft succeses - which are planted in nursery rows in last years tomato patch!
Am I in danger of losing these grafts in a couple years because of this contamination?
Anyone familiar with this problem?
Or know the name of the organism? thanks, del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3