nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bunnies (furry)

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bunnies (furry)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:54:59 +0000

Ditto from my experience, I lost 30 trees the year before I put on screen - one the year after (because it had lifted up enough to allow in voles). I asked the local hardware store to save all the metal window screen they threw out from doing repair. I still have many arm loads left over from just one summers' screen saving. (Nearly free, I gave the fellow a grape and an apple whip I had propagated as thanks). Del

My advice is: wrap every young tree in window screening. [see Richard
Fahey's article in Pomona a few years back where he compared materials
verdict being window screening is best.]